I'm so happy you're here! I hope you read the sweet love stories behind my incredible couples' recent proposals, engagement sessions, weddings and adventure elopements!
learn more about me by clicking here.
Here’s the first thing you need to ask yourself when thinking about how to choose your elopement location:
What do you want?
…because guess what? the location is 100% up to you two!
CHANCES ARE, ONE OF THE REASONS YOU’RE ELOPING IS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO PICK THE TYPE OF LOCATION TO SAY YOUR VOWS – INSTEAD OF BEING CONFINED TO A SPECIFIC VENUE LOCATION. WHEN TRYING TO DECIDE ON YOUR ELOPEMENT LOCATION, ASK yourself:
– ARE THERE ANY LOCATIONS YOU’VE DREAMED OF EXPLORING?
– do you want a USA OR OUT OF THE COUNTRY location?
– what TYPE OF NATURE/SCENERY are you most drawn to? (DESERT, BEACH, WATERFALLS, ETC.)
– what TYPE OF CLIMATE do you guys prefer? (COLD, HOT, DRY, HUMID)
– HOW LONG OF A HIKE WILL YOU BE UP FOR?
– YES TO a place with HEIGHTS, OR NO?
– are there ANY ACTIVITIES YOU WANT TO DO ON THE DAY-OF? (OFF ROADING, HELICOPTER RIDE, ETC.)
– Are there ANY FAMILY MEMBERS, BRIDAL PARTY OR FRIENDS THAT WILL BE ATTENDING?
– IF YES, DO ANY OF THEM HAVE PHYSICAL HANDICAPS?
After answering each of those questions, you two will likely have a pretty narrowed down list of the things that you DO or DONT want in your epic elopement location! Here’s where I come in – I do all of the leg work research for you, and will present you with a list that fits eACH of the answers to the questions above! Then, you two will have a list of spots that you guys can choose from, having full confidence that it’s going to perfectly fit everything you’re needing and looking for.
After selecting your elopement location, there’s a few things to keep in mind about how to best prepare for your specific spot, because certain locations will require different types of gear and planning.
These specific things include:
– THE CLIMATE OF YOUR LOCATION
– THE TIME OF YEAR
– THE TYPE OF HIKE IT WILL TAKE TO ACCESS YOUR SPECIFIC SPOT
All of those things WILL DECIDE THE TYPE OF GEAR THAT WE WILL TAKE WITH US TO BE PREPARED FOR ALL CIRCUMSTANCES.
COLD LOCATIONS OFTEN REQUIRE EXTRA LAYERS OF CLOTHING, HAND WARMERS, WOOL LINED TIGHTS, COATS TO WEAR IN BETWEEN IMAGES, AND MANY OTHER ITEMS. HOT LOCATIONS OFTEN REQUIRE EXTRA WATER, SUNSCREEN, BUG SPRAY AND MORE. SOME MORE INTENSE LOCATIONS MAY EVEN REQUIRE US TO CAMP FOR A NIGHT BEFORE GETTING TO yOUR PICKED LOCATION OR we may need to TAKE A HELICOPTER RIDE IN. WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE, I’LL MAKE SURE TO HELP YOU BE COMPLETELY PREPARED FOR ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. IT MAY SEEM A BIT OVERKILL, BUT I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS – NO BRIDE HAS EVER WISHED THAT SHE TOOK LESS WATER WITH HER OR WISHED THAT SHE HADN’T WORN WOOL LINED TIGHTS!
Here’s the moral of the story: YOU get to pick the view you two look at, as your share your vows with one another. I’m here to guide you through every step of the way, to make that dream spot become a reality.
Want to book with me for your Proposal, Engagement, Elopement or Wedding? Click here to read all about my pricing and collections!